Sep 5, 2008

Getting into the swing of things

What a week!  It has been stressful, exciting, exhausting, frustrating . . . I started the semester with what my department prescribed as the ideal fulfillment of my required courses.  But one night in Biostatistics gave me a strong hunch that this instructor was not going to be the one to help me through one of the most challenging courses in my MPH program.  Dropping that class has caused lots of shuffling and hustling to try to get into other classes that I need.  I am afraid that too many faculty members might know my voice after all of this!  It is no easy matter to drop or add classes in my program - you have to get permission from your advisor and a department chair, and sometimes beg the professor to let you into an already full class. 
In any case, things seem to be settling down, and I have traded Biostatistics for Epidemiology which is just fine by me.  Today is my first real opportunity to hit the books and so far I am enjoying the reading.

We're also awaiting the arrival of Hanna here.  I'm not sure that I believe this will be a big event, but forecasters are calling for several inches of rain in a short time and winds up to 40 MPH.  I have decided tomorrow will be a perfect day to stay in and whip up my new recipe for Greek Goulash!

By the way, I have been trying to upload the Italy video to the blog, but keep getting error messages.  Hopefully I will figure out the problem soon.  Possibly an operator error.

Another exciting note - I am wondering if Jackson is old enough to be out of his crate when we're not home.  Yesterday I left him out while I was gone for 45 minutes.  When I got home he was right at the front door waiting for me - no damage anywhere in the house, and no barking or clawing on doors - Go Jackson!  Of course Caele would probably prefer that he is caged . . . 

No comments:

About Us

My photo
Baltimore, MD
This is the true story of two people, two dogs, and two cats living in 900 square feet. Find out what happens when people stop being nice, and start blogging.