Jan 28, 2010

Munnar = Most Beautiful Place on Earth

At the Ayurvedic Clinic. They grow their own herbs.
Delish snack at the Ayurvedic Clinic.
Old lady and tiny carrots. Is this where baby carrots come from?
I ate this "rost corn." I knew it was a risk. I don't think this is what made me sick though.
Tea plantation at Munnar. Beautiful.

That's Dr. Howard, our professor. She and I might have trespassed to get these pictures. Maybe we did, maybe we didn't.


Our wicked awesome hotel in Munnar. Just in time to salvage the trip after our night of the flying cockroaches on the houseboat.
Jasmine flowers.
My new friend in Munnar.
They draw these on the sidewalk outside of their homes every evening.
Temple in Munnar. I love the temples! I wish Catholicism was so colorful.


Flowers for your car. To ward off the evil spirits.

I am back to real life; and it happened in a hurry. There was no buffer or time to bask in the glow of my trip when I stepped off the plane. I had laundry to do (had to get rid of the ant spray smell), dogs and cats to pet (Christopher kept the whole pack in tip-top condition), friends to see, an internship to start and school work to do. India was good while it lasted . . . sigh.

Sadly what all of this means is that Munnar and the final days of our trip are getting jipped on the blog. I would love to go on and on all of it but instead I've settled for posting my fave picts and videos. Enjoy!


Temple video. I love the sounds.

No comments:

About Us

My photo
Baltimore, MD
This is the true story of two people, two dogs, and two cats living in 900 square feet. Find out what happens when people stop being nice, and start blogging.