I promised more details on Monday's events . . . here they are!
The day started out with lots of waiting. We waited about 45 minutes in the hallway. Then we enjoyed a continental breakfast reception with the Georgetown folks. I was surrounded by smarty-pants overachievers. As it turned out, a few of these overachievers didn't bring guests to their big day, so we ended up with an extra ticket for Mama Gloria - happy day!
We went through security for a second time before we were allowed to enter the courtroom. Once we entered, we were instructed to stay very quiet. Here we waited some more for the lawyers to come in, and then we all waited for the Supreme Court justices to enter. Everything was signaled by these strange beeps. Once the justices entered, they read through the 3 decisions they were issuing that week. None of them were especially notable cases. At the end of the decisions, sponsors were able to introduce their nominees for admission to the bar. All of the nominees were admitted.
Following the official ceremonies, we all gathered back in the reception room for photos. Chief Justice Robertson joined us for a few photos, and to share some humorous stories about the portraits on the wall in the reception room. It was difficult to get a good photo of him because of the lighting in the room.
Following the reception and picts we enjoyed lunch outside, and then a tour of the Georgetown Law campus. It was a beautiful day in DC with blue sky and big white fluffy clouds.
In other news, our cabinets are in! We went over tonite and cleaned-up a little, and I started putting things in the cabinets. They feel so luxurious!
PS- I can't figure out how to put my photos on the blog in the order I want them. It seems like it inserts them in reverse order. Can someone help?
1 comment:
Nice cabinets and nice boyfriend Jode! Oh, and I always just select my pictures and cut and paste them where I want them. (shortcut you might already know but: Just select, ctrl x and then put your cursor where you want them and do ctrl v. )
Post a Comment