This weekend was a marathon of different sorts for us. Our goal was to get all major painting that we needed to do done by the end of the weekend because our new floors were going in starting today. It is a lot easier to paint when you don't have to tarp the floor or worry about drips. In only 2 13-hour days we managed to paint our entire great room from ceiling to trim, our hall ceiling, hall trim, master bedroom ceiling, and master bedroom trim. It was pretty intense.
I definitely hit my breaking point on Sunday afternoon. I'd been drinking entirely too much Coke, and when we started putting up the main wall color in the great room I decided that I had made an awful choice. I berated myself for not choosing a light yellow. The color we were putting up looked like chocolate milk. Who knew there could be a bad beige? This happened on the first coat when we were just cutting in . . . anyway my wise boyfriend encouraged me that 1) it's only paint and 2) if we don't like it we will change it LATER and 3) we'd already done an awful lot of work - we needed to see this through. I have to say that in the end I was pretty pleased with our choice. I just hope it looks ok with our cabinets (coming next week).
Caele and Jackson acted as moral support for much of the weekend. Jackson has plenty of paint in his fur. Turns out the wall color is very similar to his coat color, so he liked to play "Where's Jack-Jack?"
The last piece we had to do this weekend was to finish removing the linoleum adhesive from the old kitchen floor. We had tried on Saturday night, but without much success. In one of our 8 trips to the Ace this weekend I picked up more chemicals, and we were ready to go last night. We poured on the adhesive remover, and scraped with all of our might. All told it took about two hours. I am positive that the chemicals affected my brain. We have decided that linoleum is evil, and that we will encourage others not to put it down. It is only building bad-future- home-project karma because one day someone will have to scrape up the adhesive you put down . . . so think about that before you floor.
2 comments:
hey - i think that is a great color! what's not to like? it's so neutral and relaxing. and what do you have against chocolate milk anyway? no, but it must have lightened up when it dried because it looks SO good. way to go you guys. such hard workers! and i'm with you on the linoleum thing. evil, evil, evil.
The ceiling looks great...way better then the whole thing being a drop and just covering up the corner!
Post a Comment