Hi everyone! As you might have guessed, the speed of change with the renovation has slowed a little. Once the major demolition work is done, there is a lot of unglamorous stuff like electrical, wiring, etc. The contractors have been working on those items over the last few days. Today I discovered that they had rebuilt the ceiling where we removed the drop-down, and they are really moving along with getting us paint-ready. With luck we will spend this weekend painting the main room.
This week has been exciting on a few other fronts as well. Monday was the first day of my summer Fellowship. We had lunch with Mayor Dixon, and then started work at our sites. I am working at Baltimore City Recreation and Parks (BCRP) to help them develop an information infrastructure for their participants, as well as to better track their sponsors and partners. Each Wednesday the Fellows get together downtown for lunch and to hear speakers. Today we heard from two of the three Deputy Mayors. Next week we will hear from the Baltimore City Superintendent of Schools.
Last night was the first night of my statistics class. As many of you know, I'm a little stat-phobic, so I thought it would be a good idea to take a refresher course this summer in preparation for my Biostatistics class next fall. I'm taking the class at Baltimore City Community College - they have a location downtown, and it only takes me about 15 minutes to walk there. I'll have class Tuesday and Thursday nights from now until early August.
That's all there is to report from Baltimore!
1 comment:
Jody - you are so productive!! That is cool about the parks and recreations gig. how do you like the new show by the way? total office rip off huh? anyway, you are a champ for taking stats just to prepare for more stats!! YIKES! Fun pics. Can't wait to see it all painted.
Post a Comment